How can Sackville thrive and be more resilient during climate change?
During 2020-21 EOS Eco-Energy coordinated the process of creating a guide to climate change resilience for residents, businesses and organizations in Sackville, NB. This guide will be complement the Town of Sackville’s municipal adaptation plan. The project has been funded by the New Brunswick Environmental Network.
The process included the following components:
- Creation of a community-based Steering Committee.
- Background research and literature reviews.
- Creation and deployment of a residents survey, business survey and youth survey.
- Key informant interviews with experts on climate change and resilience across Canada.
- Focus groups with experts and with vulnerable populations such as seniors, adults of disabilities, etc.
- Compiling all ideas and information into a guide book and an online toolkit.
We received over 250 responses to our surveys! Read the results here:
Sackville Community Resilience Guide
Check out the guide and toolkit here.