Environmental Education at EOS
EOS Eco-Energy is working to educate our community on climate change, sustainability, and environmental issues. We attend outdoor education days at local schools, visit classes during Climate Change Week, and work with local summer camps to put on active, involved, and immersive educational programs. EOS works with students of all ages to increase climate change knowledge, educate about extreme weather events and emergency preparedness and teach about climate change adaption on a local and global level.
Free Activity Guides from EOS and Partners
You are welcome to download and print the following lesson plans and activity guides or invite EOS to organize an activity for you.
Energy Conservation, Efficiency and Renewable Energy:
Climate Change Adaptation:
Sustainable Living (Waste, Pollution, Water and More!):
Other Activities EOS Offers
- Solar Cooking (make your own solar cooker or use our professional one to bake cookies, cheesy nachos, etc.)
- Make seed bombs
- Explore our model watershed table, learn about pollution sources, how natural infrastructure reduces flooding, run off and pollution, and more.
- Coping with Climate Stress (workshops in partnership with IRIS Counselling)
- Storm Preparedness and Safety (have fun with an emergency preparedness kit relay race!)
- Climate Change Adaptation Card Game (fun for middles schoolers, teens and adults too!)
- Greenhouse Effect Tag
- Water Cycle Tag
- Water Rangers Kits (learn how to collect and to test water for a variety of parameters like Ph, salinity, temperature, dissolved oxygen, etc.)
- Role plan a Town Council meeting with sustainable development dilemmas (great for 10-13 year olds)
- And many other activities for all ages.
We can also design something to meet your needs. Contact us today.